Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Information We Collect
The information we collect varies depending on the type of activity you are performing on our Site. Much of the Site can be accessed without providing any personal information. In all instances where we collect personal information through the Site, we specifically indicate what information is required in order to provide you with the product or service you have requested. We may gather the information which you directly provide including but not limited to: (i) name; (ii) email address; (iii) home or business address; (iv) username and password associated with your account; (v) phone number and other contact details; (vi) demographic information; (vii) credit or debit card information; (viii) product selections; and (ix) other details about you that you voluntarily provide (“Personal Information”).
Other Information We Collect
At times we may also collect information which cannot be used to personally identify a user such as your server or connection’s unique identifier, the device, browser and version you are using, IP address, the web pages you visited prior to arriving on Site and once you leave, action on the Site, and searches (“Other Information”). We may also collect information through cookies or other similar tracking technology to provide you with a personalized buying experience, facilitate our marketing efforts, or analyze how we can best provide you targeted information or promotions.
How We Use Information
We use your information to provide you with the products and services requested, provide you with the best customer experience, create more personalized interactions with you, including providing you information about products and services that may interest you, and improve our products, services and Site. Examples of how we may use your information are below.
- Deliver our products and services as requested
- Communicate with you about our products or services
- Provide you with information about goods or services that may interest you
- Present more relevant display advertisements, and share promotional events
- Manage our product offerings, and assess the effectiveness of our marketing efforts
- Analyze and improve the functionality of our Site
- Improve our products, services, and business
- Prevent, detect, or investigate security concerns, including fraud
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, or industry requirements
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or consent
How We Share Information
We may share your information to deliver our products or services or to enhance your customer experience. More specifically, we share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- If you give us consent or permission to share the information.
- To those third parties who perform functions on our behalf, including support service providers, such as Site hosting, email and postal delivery, product and service delivery, analytics services, or other functions.
- In accordance with a business transaction. If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, other business transaction, we may share information subject to confidentiality arrangements.
- To prevent, detect, or investigate security concerns, including fraud.
- To protect and defend Nasco’s operations, rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, contractors, agents and/or partners.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, or industry requirements.
- With law enforcement if required by law or in order to prevent fraud or other potential wrongdoing.
- We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Access and Control of Your Information
We enable you to have control over the accuracy of your personal information. You can review and change the personal information you provide to us when setting up an account or processing a transaction by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
You may use this WEB FORM to request access to, correct, or delete any other personal information that you have provided to us. In some cases, we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to delete or change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, cause the information to be incorrect, or for any other legally allowable reason.
Your California Privacy Rights / Do Not Track
California residents visiting our Site may request that we not automatically gather and track information pertaining to their online browsing movements across the Internet. Such requests are typically made through web browser settings that control signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. We do not currently utilize the capability to respond to web browsers, and do not track signals or other mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of this information.
California Law also permits California residents to opt-out of our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes or to learn the categories of recipients and information disclosed. We do not, however, disclose your personal information to third parties in order for them to market their products and services to you.
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of your information. We utilize industry standard storage and protection procedures in order to safeguard Personal Information on servers which are not accessible to the public. No data storage or transmission plan is without risk. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about use of this site across devices. We have implemented the Remarketing and AdWords features of Google Analytics. The Remarketing feature allows us to serve you relevant advertising on third party websites if you have visited our Site, however accessed, but does not personally or directly identify you. AdWords allows us to manage our advertising and collect information about your visit to our Site. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ad Settings. You can opt-out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit the Site. For more information on opting-out of being tracked by Google Analytics, visit Google Analytics Opt-out.
Leaving Our Site And/Or Linking to Third Parties
Because our Site is secure, your browser URL will inform you if you are leaving a secured portion of the Site. We strive to ensure that any information you send us is safe. When you leave this Site and go to another linked site, we are not responsible for the content or availability of the linked site. Please be advised that we do not represent either the third-party or you, if you enter into a transaction on the third party site. Further, the privacy and security policies of the linked site may differ from those practiced by us. We are not responsible for the practices of any partners or resellers including those who have a link on our Site.
FOR USERS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), we provide you the following information and notification of rights in accordance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
- We need to perform a contract or transaction with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Your Data Protection Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have certain data protection rights. Nasco aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- Request access to your Personal Data. You may request access to any Personal Data we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the Personal Data, the period for which the Personal Data will be stored, and the source of the Personal Data.
- Request correction of your Personal Data. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. You may have the right to request that Personal Data held about you is deleted. If you ever wish to correct or remove any personal information from our records, you may do so by contacting us at the email address below.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data. You may have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data where we are processing your personal data based on our legitimate interests and we cannot demonstrate compelling grounds to continue such processing or for our direct marketing.
- Request restriction of processing your Personal Data Request. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information:
- During the pending period of time where we verify the accuracy of any personal data that you claim is inaccurate
- Where the processing of your personal data is unlawful but you oppose erasure and instead request that we restrict the use of your personal data
- If we no longer need your personal data but it is required for you to make or defend legal claims
- During the pending period of time where we verify our legitimate interest to process your data when you object to such processing
- Right to Data Portability. Where we process your personal data by automated means that you have provided to us based on consent or through contract, you have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine readable and commonly used format.
- Withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Nasco relied on your consent to process your personal information.
You also have the right to make a complaint to an EU Data Protection Authority if you believe that Nasco has not complied with its obligations under this Notice or European law.
Retention of Data
**FOR USERS IN SWITZERLAND OR THE EUROPEAN UNION OR OTHER LOCATIONS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES** INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at: [email protected].
Last Updated: September 29, 2021