Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
GAME:IT Junior - 1-Year License
Product Number: NZ10387
This item is shipped directly from our supplier. Allow extra delivery time.
GAME:IT Junior is an introductory course to computer programming where students follow project-based instructions to utilize a user-friendly drag-n-drop interface as well as basic coding skills to build games.
- Students will learn to create animated and multidirectional sprites and add backgrounds and sounds to their games
- Assignment at end of each game lesson requires students to build on their programming skills, ensuring that students are learning and not just following directions
- 18-week course also covers the basic math and physics concepts used in game development and how the engineering design cycle is used to design games and as a problem-solving method
- Course also explores career opportunities and educational paths (both in high school and beyond) required to land a job in this industry
- Can be taught as a standalone course, a supplement to a math, science, or technology class, or as an afterschool or summer learning program
- Each unit includes a teacher’s guide, presentations, documents, worksheets, quizzes, answer keys, and step-by-step instructions
- Entirely web-based course allows you to project materials, print and hand them out, or email them to your students
- Course uses Construct 2 (download required)
- Construct 2 is only compatible with computers running Windows®
- Internet access is not required to build the games, but recommended
- Allow extra delivery time
This is a 12-month subscription, starting July through June 30th of the current school year. This subscription is not downloadable. Must include the following information at checkout: first and last name, school, district and email address. Login credentials will be emailed following purchase.