Wind Pump Single Kit
Product Number: SB52906
No longer avaliable
This item has been discontinued
Grades 3-12. For your STEM curriculum.
Get pumped about environmental engineering with this engaging wind pump activity.
- Students watch as their wind-driven turbines power the geared transmission operating a hydraulic pump, moving water from one level to another
- Physical, interactive activity combines scientific concepts of work, fluid mechanics, simple machines, and aerodynamics with an environmental engineering edge
- Explore alternative energy methods through the engineering and design process, as blade materials, angle, and pitch are adjusted and redesigned
- A wind stand is required for this project, you can make your own or purchase separately
- Downloadable instructions and documents available online