Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Wild Animal Family Match
Product Number: EL16762
In Stock (Ships within 1-2 business days)
Smooth, tactile square tiles printed on one side with beautiful, clear photographic images of real wild animal adults and their young offer endless opportunities for exploring the fascinating animal kingdom. Here are just a few ways the 14 pairs of wooden tiles can be used:
- As a matching game - turn all the tiles face up and match the adult animal with its corresponding young
- As a memory game - turn all the tiles face down and try to remember where the matching animal family pairs are located
- For sorting inro groups - by habitat, continent, skin type (skin, fur, hair, or feathers), or ordered by size
- As part of discussions - promote discussions about how and where animals live, what they eat, which are or have predators, what dangers the animals face (from each other, the environment, or from humankind), the differences between the animals and their young, etc.
Chunky tiles are easy for small hands to grip, rotate, and turn over. Students will enjoy playing with the tiles while developing descriptive language, mathematical language, and fine motor skills, as well as engaging in collaborative and imaginative play. Includes color identification guide in 7 langauages.
- Beech plywood
- 28 tiles (14 pairs)
- 2-3/4 in. x 2-3/4 in. x 3/8 in.