The Warning Signs of Addiction
Product Number: SB53124
Out of Stock
Grades 8-12. Takes an in-depth look at teen addiction.
- Provides a personal connection with those in recovery, the steps to recovery, and an honest look at substance abuse
- Discusses the traits that can be found in an addictive personality, the warning signs, and the attraction to try drugs
- Takes a look at what can take a seemingly normal teen down the road of addiction and the intense process of treatment and recovery
- Addresses the physical, mental, and behavioral effects of drug abuse and effective treatment options
- Features clinical addiction psychologists as well as mental health and teen drug abuse experts
- Some of the topics addressed include:
- What is addiction?
- Who gets addicted?
- The addictive personality
- Addictive behavior
- 14 most common paths to addiction
- Why teens start using drugs
- Experiencing the high
- The psychological and physical effects drugs have on the body and brain
- The warning signs
- The consequences
- Denial and acceptance
- Cure or treatment?
- 30-minute DVD
- Copyright 2017