The Illustrated Guide to Safe Patient Handling and Movement Book and DVD
Product Number: SB46521
In Stock (Ships within 1-2 business days)
By Audrey L. Nelson, PhD, RN, FAAN, Kathleen Motacki, MSN, BSN, RN, C, and Nancy Menzel.
Named a 2013 Doody's Core Title! As a nurse, you are all too familiar with heavy lifting, sustained awkward positioning, excessive reaching, and static posturing. With this comprehensive volume, Nelson, Motacki, and Menzel show you that there is another way. Learn about the new techniques and technologies specifically designed to reduce caregiver and patient injuries. The authors present the Evidence-Based Safe Patient Handling Program, a practical system of guidelines to be used in numerous clinical settings. Each chapter explains how to apply the program to specific clinical settings, such as medical and surgical, critical care, orthopaedics, pediatrics, labor and delivery, rehabilitation settings, the perioperative suite, and nursing homes. Implement the components of the program to multiple clinical settings:
- Assessment: Learn to evaluate the patient's body strength and about other conditions that affect the patient handling task
- Care Plan: Outline the safest way to accomplish the required task based on the assessment
- Algorithms: Learn the step-by-step, problem-solving procedures for carrying out patient handling activities safely
New DVD and Instructor's Guide illustrate the following techniques: how to use the technology, as well as how each task, movement, and position should be completed. These tasks include:
- Lateral transferring to and from beds using sliders
- Rescuing fallen patients off the floor with a floor-based lift
- Bariatric patient lifting and dressing
- Transferring patients with lower limp amputations
- And many more
Note: DVD contains digital videos only, no audio track. Qualified instructors may email [email protected] to request instructor's guide. 224 pages. Softcover. Copyright 2009.