The Empathy Belly® Pregnancy Simulator - Teen Version with Pregnancy Prevention DVD
Product Number: SB43112
Out of Stock
A specially designed, weighted vest that allows teen males and females to experience pregnancy firsthand and gain a realistic understanding of what it feels like to be pregnant. Developed by Birthways, Inc.
Over 20 symptoms and effects of pregnancy are felt including:
- Weight gain of 30-33 lbs.
- Pregnant profile - enlarged breasts and abdomen
- Pressure on bladder and other internal organs
- Postural changes of back and shift in center of gravity
- Mild fetal kicking
- Shortness of breath
- Increased body temperature and perspiration
- Awkwardness in body movements
- Change in personal and sexual self-image
Effects are simulated through the use of a rib belt and strategic positioning of various weighted components. In order for the
pregnant belly to look and feel realistic (rounder) it needs more water in the vinyl bladder. This teaching model includes one main torso garment, two pregnant breast inserts, one rib belt, one vinyl belly bladder with 2-lb. weight, two 7-lb. insert weights, one 6-lb. bladder pouch, one maternity smock, one safety holding tray, one bottle water conditioner, one vinyl repair kit, one nylon tote carrying bag, an instructor’s training manual and DVD, laminated flash card, 30 informed consent release forms, and a laminated color poster on the 3rd trimester of pregnancy. Fabric U.S.A. and imported.