Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Solar Bug STEM Project Kits - Set of 4
Product Number: NE30035
In Stock (Ships within 1-2 business days)
Make a solar-powered bug that zips around and makes noise. Students will explore solar energy, motion, and engineering as sunlight directly powers a vibrating motor. Use as a stand-alone STEM activity or as part of a larger solar energy lesson. This set of 4 bugs is ideal for small group or distance learning environments. Classroom set of 25 also available (NE30036).
How the build works:
- Use the included Maker Tape™ to connect the vibrating motor to the solar cell
- You will need a hot glue gun and a wire cutter to complete the 5- to 10-minute project
- To use kit as part of a solar classroom activity, test different types of light sources to see if the solar panel reacts in different ways
- To expand the lesson have the kits test heat, brightness of light, and solar power generation out of each light source or even have them use a ruler to take readings at different distances from each light source
- Kit includes enough supplies for 4 full bugs, as well as 8 different card stock bug templates, additional bug legs and wings can be found online
- Online directions in both English and Spanish available
WARNING: Choking Hazard. Small Parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.