Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Social Impacts of Solar Cooking - Lesson Plan Volume 17
- Learn there are more than 3 billion people in the world that need to gather fuels for cooking.
- Learn there are more than 2 million premature deaths each year due to cooking pollution.
- Research peoples activities in finding cooking fuels.
- Discuss the impact of the human activities on the environment and society.
- Build a solar cooker based on the Solar Balloon Energy Kit.
- Estimate the total amount of water that can be pasteurized by the cooker.
- Estimate lives, trees, and money that may be saved by using the solar cooker.
- Estimate the job and business opportunities that may be created by solar cooking.
- Develop a plan to help people in need by providing solar cooking technology.
- Apply critical thinking to solving the cooking and heating related problems in the world.
- Experience team building and real-world problem solving.
Things You'll Need
Item #: U27713