Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
STEM Fuse IT Exploration Digital Curriculum 1-Year License
Product Number: NZ10428
This item is shipped directly from our supplier. Allow extra delivery time.
IT Exploration is a hands-on survey and introduction to the STEM/STEAM field of information technology and the associated skills and competencies within the industry. Through this digital course, students will learn technology and professional skills in high demand by postsecondary education and employers. The curriculum focuses on the development of real-world projects that students can use to demonstrate their IT skills and exposes students to careers within the field. The online curriculum contains over 135 hours of classroom course materials. Each module topic includes the following content:
- Teacher's guides
- Interactive digital lessons
- Digital and hands-on activities
- Video and careers explorations
- Topic readings and resources
- Digital self-grading assessments
- Teacher resources
While ideally used as a standalone course, the materials can be used in-part to complement an existing technology course offering. The course is aligned to national computer science standards, the ISTE student standards, industry exam standards, and Precision Exam's - Information Technology Introduction (801).
- Module 0: Getting Started with the ITX Course
- Module 1: Office Productivity
- Module 2: Digital Media
- Module 3: Computing Systems & IT Services
- Module 4: Networks & the Internet
- Module 5: Game Development & Design
- Module 6: Programming & Software Development
- Module 7: Data Analytics
- Module 8: IT Careers & Capstone Project
- Module 9: Industry Exam Resources
- Grades 7-12
The course can be taught out of the box using most basic computer setups. Students will need access to the following to complete the course:
- PC or Chromebook™ - Course can be run with any personal computer or Chromebook™ device (latest Chrome™ browser recommended)
- High-speed Internet access
- Audio-enabled workstation (required for some activities)
- Google Apps™ - Access to Google apps like Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides is requires (Microsoft® Office alternatives are available) to utilize and edit student and teacher resources
- YouTube™ - Lessons and activities utilize videos hosted on the YouTube™ platform. YouTube™ must be a whitelisted website to run the course.
This is a 12-month subscription, starting July through June 30th of the current school year. This subscription is not downloadable. Must include the following information at checkout: first and last name, school, district and email address. Login credentials will be emailed following purchase.
You may also like ...