STEAM Fundamentals Kit for Grade 2
Product Number: KI04267
In Stock (Ships within 1-2 business days)
STEAM Fundamentals Kit for Grade 2 is driven by a phenomenon-based, hands-on curriculum designed to engage your 2nd grade class in real-world applications. 2nd grade modules are designed to be taught in five 50-minute class periods. Each module is centered around an anchor phenomenon, which encourages students to ask questions about the natural world.
As they seek answers to their questions, students make observations, gather information, and design investigations to test their ideas. Students learn to work in teams, engage in critical reflection, and share their ideas through speaking and writing.
- Second Grade modules include: Matter, Habitats, Landforms, and Flowering Plants
- Each module connects to key math, writing, cyber, and arts concepts, and has been mapped to national academic standards
- Each kit includes everything you need for 10 student groups
- Modules incorporate items such as pool noodles, tennis balls, lima bean seeds, a black light and wooden blocks to introduce and demonstrate STEAM principles in engaging and cross-disciplinary ways
- Visit http://www.cyber.org for access to curriucla materials WARNING: Choking Hazard. Small Parts. Not for children under 3 yrs. Children under 8 yrs. can choke or suffocate on uninflated or broken balloons. Adult supervision required. Keep uninflated balloons from children. Discard broken balloons at once.