Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
SKUTT Ceramic Kiln with Touchscreen Controller - Model KMT-1227 - with 3 in. Firebrick - 208V 1 Phase
Product Number: Z51502
Call to Order
Program your kiln with a controller that operates just like a smartphone.
- Coated multi-sided lids prevent dust from falling onto ware
- Full trough grooves, with Kanthal elements pinned down, prevent sagging into fire chamber
- Automatically control kiln cooling rate, a critical feature when working with sculpture, glass, or crystalline glazes
- Handsome, stainless steel encasements are rust- and corrosion-resistant
- Lightweight and portable - easy to assemble, reassemble, and repair
- Navigate with just a touch of a finger
- Guides you through programming with full sentences, helpful icons, and dynamic navigation
- Built in Wi-Fi® makes it possible to download any software feature updates for free for the life of the kiln
- Free app works in conjunction with Wi-Fi® and allows you to monitor kiln temperature and status from your smartphone
- Hinged controller allows you to move controller up and down to an angle that is comfortable for you to program
- Same functions as standard KilnMaster™ controller plus more:
- Guided Start- Guides beginners through every step of programming process with helpful messages to make things crystal clear and give you confidence that everything is correct before pressing start
- Cone Fire Mode- Programs kiln based on cone value and whether it is a bisque or glaze firing. Easy-to-edit screen lets you quickly change parameters from last firing and start program. Also allows viewing of actual segments in the program and a graph of the firing.
- Glass Fire Mode- Programs kiln based on size of project and what you want to do with the glass. COE option allows writing of programs specific to 96 COE, 90 COE, and Bottle Glass. Also has Casting and Textual Fuse as project type options.
- Write New Program- Input and save your own firing programs. Also allows programs to be copied and edited.
- Program Library- Contains programs for unique processes like Slow Sculpture, Bottle Slumping, and Cone 5 Crystal Glass.
- Help Screens- Help Button on nearly every page gives detailed information about screen being currently viewed.
- More Detailed Diagnostics- Kiln is connected to Internet, allowing Skutt technicians to view data at their desks and offer assistance.
- Graphing- Displays graph of firing when Start button is pressed so you can follow along as kiln goes through program.
- Logging- Stores information from last 10 firings, which can be downloaded to Excel spreadsheet.
- Upgrading to Kiln Link- Built-in Wi-Fi® eliminates need for expensive hardware, allowing Kiln Link to be added to your kiln by simply paying a minimal monthly data storage and development fee.
- EnviroVent Kiln Ventilation System is UL listed when used with a UL-listed Skutt kiln
- 2-year limited warranty
- Allow extra delivery time
Exterior Dimensions: 37-1/2 in. H x 33 in. D
Firing Chamber Size: 27 in. Dia.
Firing Chamber Area: 9.92 Cu. Ft.
Maximum Recommended Temperature: 2185° F
Insulation: 3 in. Firebrick
Style: 12 sided, Top-Loading
To process your order, print the product page, download and fill out the Nasco Kiln Verification Form (PDF), and fax, mail, or e-mail these pages to your order