Preserved Animal Survey Set - Basic Animal Kingdom, Preserved
Product Number: LS03550
In Stock (Ships within 1-2 business days)
This set consists of at least one representative member of the major phyla. Specimens are supplied in individual screw-cap jars, but are not mounted on glass plates. Specimens in this set is supplied in safe, nontoxic NASCO-Guard®. Nasco reserves the right to substitute specimens based on availability and shipping restrictions.
- Phylum Porifera - Grantia (simple sycon sponge)
- Phylum Coelenterata - Hydra
- Phylum Brachiopoda - Terebratella (common brachiopod)
- Phylum Ctenophora - Sea walnut (Pleurobrachia)
- Phylum Platyhelminthes - Planaria (flatworm)
- Phylum Nematoda - Ascaris (pig roundworm, male and female)
- Phylum Mollusca - Freshwater clam (Unio or Anodonta), Chiton (Atlantic)
- Phylum Annelida - Earthworm (Lumbricus), Leech (common)
- Phylum Arthropoda - Crayfish (Cambarus), Lubber grasshopper (Romalea)
- Phylum Echinodermata - Sea star (Starfish) (Asterias)
- Phylum Chordata - Sea squirt (Molgula), Perch, Frog (Rana sp.), Sparrow (Passer domesticus), Mouse
The set is supplied in individual screw cap jars, but is not mounted on glass plates. Specimens in this set are supplied in a safe, nontoxic holding fluid.