Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Precision Boyle's Law Apparatus
Product Number: Z51905
This item is shipped directly from our supplier. Allow extra delivery time.
Physics apparatus takes precise measurements of absolute pressure and volume for a quantitative verification of Boyle's Law. The air sample is enclosed in a thick-walled glass tube of constant bore so that the length of the air column is strictly proportional to the gas volume. Hydraulic oil seals the air sample in the tube and partially fills a reservoir so the pressure in the reservoir equals the pressure in the air sample.
- Provides more reliable and convincing results than measurements taken from a simple syringe-based apparatus
- High-pressure bicycle pump precisely controls pressure for making a large series of measurements or for using the volume proportions method
- A needle valve allows for controlled pressure release and a vent knob is provided for the tube
- Dial gauge measures absolute pressure in kPa and psi
- Built-in length scales with movable markers for volume measurement
- Pressure-resistant gas tube has a surrounding safety shield
- Includes activity guide