Osmo Learning System - Coding Edition Manipulatives
Product Number: Z51474
This item is shipped directly from our supplier. Allow extra delivery time.
Use these manipulatives in conjunction with the Osmo Learning System to learn coding fundamentals and real programming concepts. With 3 different coding activities, students will learn to use symbols to program a path or create their own music. Students learn coding fundamentals and real programming concepts by linking physical coding blocks into sequences, loops, and
if/or actions. Integrate activities into any STEAM-based curriculum, makerspace, before- and afterschool programs, summer school program, gifted education program, basic skills program, and special education classroom. NOTE: Meant to be used with the Osmo Learning System. Osmo Bases are not included.
- Coding Awbie - Introduces the foundational skills of programming as students join Awbie on a strawberry-munching adventure. Focuses on the following skills:
- Computational Thinking - Teaches programming through exploring the functions of decomposed parts, detecting patterns, and crafting algorithms.
- Logical Reasoning - Integrates the
loopblock that reflects multiplicative thinking and the
if this, then...block that highlights cause-and-effect.
- Coding Jam - Students arrange Osmo's Coding Blocks into patterns and sequences to compose their own music. Through this, not only do students learn the basics of coding, but they also develop an ear for rhythm, melody, and harmony.
- Coding Duo - Two students can code simultaneously in this fun game, which fosters collaboration and the ability to plan strategy. Advanced coding puzzles, cooperative game play, and a compelling quest will challenge more advanced students who have already explored Coding Awbie and Coding Jam.
- Grades K-5
- Includes 3 sets of Coding Awbie, Coding Jam, and Coding Duo manipulatives (Osmo Bases sold separately)
Allow extra delivery time.