Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Osmo Learning System - Classroom Base Kit with 4 Osmo Bases
Product Number: Z51476
No longer avaliable
This item has been discontinued
Merge the power of physical play with the digital advantages of real-time feedback simply by combining your tablet or smartphone with an Osmo Base with clip-on reflector, which allows a front-facing camera to recognize and track objects in the physical play space in front of the device. This ability to play beyond the screen invites students to collaborate on tables or floors while manipulating tangible game pieces such as number tiles, letter tiles, and coding blocks. A growing collection of apps for the iPad® and iPhone® cross subject areas and include various challenge levels for students of different abilities. The learning system contains everything you need to get your classroom started with in-depth, engaging explorations into STEAM ideas and concepts, including. Osmo games and apps are easy to install, introduce, oversee, and pack away. No professional development training required.
Covers the 4 C's of the 21st Century, making this learning system vital for any STEAM program.
- Collaboration - Bring students together naturally. Osmo's open game play encourages interaction and collaboration, allowing for the development of social-emotional skills. Students learn by engaging, and with Osmo, teachers are able to promote open-ended interaction and learning through discovery.
- Communication - Open lines of communication with Osmo. As students work together to overcome the different challenges in each app, they also learn cooperation, gain social and emotional understanding of their peers, recognize the strengths of others in the group, and foster leadership skills.
- Creativity - Osmo provides a platform for free form expression. By incorporating real-world items into game play, students are not limited by the apps' programming. Unlimited solutions encourage students to think outside the box and find answers as unique as the students themselves.
- Critical Thinking - The different Osmo apps tap into a student's curiosity and creativity to encourage hands-on problem solving and social skill development. Working alone or in groups, the apps provide the right amount of challenge, pushing the students to continue developing their skill sets and challenge themselves. It's learning through play.
- Words - Provides on-screen clues to mystery words. Students use letter tiles to spell their answers. Designed to feel like a challenging game, Words is a powerful tool to differentiate instruction. Focuses on the following skills:
- Reading - Develops the foundational skills surrounding letter recognition and decoding. As they gain proficiency and confidence, students are required to spell progressively challenging words.
- Vocabulary - Connects images to words and supports the creation of customizable albums of words and images.
- Tangram - Invites students to use tangible puzzle pieces to match on-screen shapes. With each success, the screen lights up in celebration. Focuses on the following skills:
- Spatial Reasoning - Encourages students to compare, manipulate, and transform geometric pieces to assemble the shapes.
- Self-Correction - Provides instant visual and auditory feedback during game play.
- Numbers - Helps students dive into math. Moving number tiles in this undersea world makes math fast and intuitive. Focuses on the following skills:
- Number Sense - Fosters understanding of counting, relative values, addition, concatenation, and multiplication using physical tiles of dots and digits.
- Cognitive Flexibility - Encourages experimenting with multiple solutions to mathematical problems through open-ended play.
- Masterpiece - Transforms any image into simple outlines. Interactive tool helps students create drawings with perfect proportions. Focuses on the following skills:
- Hand-Eye Coordination - Students improve their dexterity while recreating their favorite images.
- Self-Expression - Develops individuality through choices in art creations.
- Newton - Challenges students to guide falling on-screen objects into a target zone. Students experiment, by drawing shapes or using everyday items, to control the path of descent. Focuses on the following skills:
- STEM - Integrates the rules of physics and gravity in the motion of falling balls.
- Creativity - Fosters inventive ideas through open-ended puzzles and escalating challenges.
- Grades K-5
- Includes 4 Osmo Bases, 3 Words sets, 3 Tangram sets, 3 Numbers sets, game downloads of Masterpiece and Newton, 2 teacher's guides, and plastic storage system
- Apple® OS 9+
- iPad® 2, 3rd generation, 4th generation, 5th generation, 6th generation
- iPad® Mini 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- iPad® Air 1, 2, 3
- iPad® Pro 9.7, 10.5
- iPhone® 6, 6s, 6 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus
- 7th Generation Fire 7
- 7th Generation Fire HD 8
- 7th Generation Fire HD10
- 8th Generation Fire HD 8
Allow extra delivery time.WARNING: Choking Hazard. Small Parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.