Native American Inspired Pouches - Lesson Plan Volume 70
- Understand the process of slab construction using templates.
- Discover the art element texture (rough vs. smooth) and use their organic materials to add natural textures.
- Learn the meaning of organic material and how it relates to Native American culture.
- Become aware of the clay vocabulary: kiln, clay stages (earthenware, bone dry, greenware, bisque ware), fire, cone, glaze.
- Learn that clay is decomposed rock found in the soil.
- Understand that glaze is a liquid applied to clay that is made of silica, color, and texture.
- Glaze pouches and understand that glazes are used to enhance the appearance of a ceramic piece.
- Realize that art can be functional or decorative and is used in everyday life in various cultures.
Things You'll Need
Item #: 9715415(C)
Item #: 0800241