Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Nasco Winning at Relationships SEL Sewing Kit
Product Number: NE40289
Learning how to build strong relationships is one of the most valuable SEL skills your students can develop at school. With this kit, you have everything you need to help students create classroom connections, expand their social awareness, and practice hand-sewing.
In this lesson, students will:
- Develop positive relationships with their peers and recognize the strengths and interests of their peers
- Develop interview skills
- Develop basic sewing skills
The included lesson plan will walk you through prep and instruction, making planning quick and easy. The unit lasts about 23 hours or 56 class periods.
Students will interview a fellow student and learn all about them. Afterward, theyll reflect on what makes that person unique and choose a stand-out trait.
Students will use the supplies in this kit to design and sew a medal that represents their partner. They will then write a letter to present to their partner with the medal in a class medal ceremony.
Kit includes supplies for 30 students to complete this unit:
Winning at relationshipslesson plan with reproducible interview worksheet and medal design template
- 25 pieces of felt in assorted colors (9 in. x 12 in. each)
- 35 skeins of embroidery floss in assorted colors (10 yds. each)
- 32 embroidery needles (size 7)
- 1 yd. of white fine-weave muslin
- 1 lb. of polyester stuffing
- 5 rolls of ribbon in assorted colors (15 yds. each)
You may also like ...
Sew a Monster