Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Nasco Line Design Into Sculpture Classroom Kit
Product Number: 9742813
Grades 3–12 Help students turn line designs into original sculptures. This kit includes enough supplies for a class of 24 students to make paper sculptures that feature different types of lines, designs, and patterns.
Use the included lesson plan to teach students about the different types of lines, designs, and patterns they can draw using a fine point marker to create a sculpture that has dimension. Once they're done drawing, have them make photocopies of their creation, cut the copies into strips and the strips into smaller rectangles, tightly roll up the rectangle pieces around a pencil and use glue to create a small tube, glue the tubes together one by one to create a unique sculpture.
After making these projects, students will be able to say:
- I can demonstrate lines, textures, and patterns.
- I can show understanding of movement, balance, and rhythm.
- I can use the engineering process to create a sculpture.
- Line Design Into Sculpture Lesson Plan, Vol. 33
- 2 packs of Sharpie® Fine Point Black Markers (24 total)
- Pacon® Bright White Sulphite Drawing Paper (500 sheets)
- 1 pack of black tag board (40 total)
- 24 bottles of Elmer's® Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue