Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Nasco Curiosity Cubes Conversation Starter Kit
Product Number: NE40165
Grades 3–12 Encourage students to open up to their peers with Curiosity Cubes. The cards and cube manipulatives in this kit are designed as conversation starters to get students talking as a way to build their SEL skills and relationships with classmates.
The included interchangeable cards feature questions for students to answer through icebreakers, class conversation, journal writing, and other activities. The cards are split into three color-coded question categories: purple (ice breakers), green (self-awareness and social awareness), and orange (relationship skills and responsible decision-making).
The 4 in. x 4 in. colorful cubes are made of durable fabric and have clear plastic sleeves attached to fit the cards inside. Once you slip the cards into the sleeves, you can facilitate conversation by rolling the cubes like dice to pick out a question for students to answer.
- Break the students into small groups to roll the cubes and discuss their answers with each other
- Roll the cube each day for a new question for students to answer in their journals
- Roll the cube and have students write their answers individually and then share what they wrote with a partner
SEL kit includes:
- 3 sets of cards (1 set per question category)
- 1 set of cube manipulatives (3 cubes)