Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
AFNR Digital Course Capstone: Applications of AFNR, 1-Year License
Product Number: NE40090
This item is shipped directly from our supplier. Allow extra delivery time.
Gr. 9–12. A continuation of the high school AFNR (agriculture, food, and natural resources) course series that began with Course 1 - Foundations in AFNR and STEM Careers (NZ10429) and Course 2 - Technical Skills in Agribusiness (NE40089), the Capstone course focuses on the cooperative business structure within agribusiness and allows students to develop and run a cooperative of their own. At the end of the 110 course hours, students will have an impressive portfolio of technological projects and hands-on, real-world business experience via digital lessons, hands-on and digital activities, challenge-based projects, career explorations, and more.
The course utilizes the National AFNR Career Cluster Content Standards and the Advance CTE: Career & Technical Education AFNR Standards. NOTE: This is a 1-year license that will need to renewed annually.
Course modules include:
- Module 1: Introduction to Cooperatives - Students will be introduced to cooperatives and other types of businesses
- Module 2: Cooperative Principles & Practices - Students will learn about the essentials of cooperative practices
- Module 3: Starting Up a Cooperative - Students will learn about how a new cooperative is formed
- Module 4: Meet the Capstone Project - Students will work with their team to form and run a cooperative
- Module 5: Present the Capstone Project - Students will present their capstone projects to an audience
- PC or Mac® computer
- Adafruit Soil Sensor Mini Kit (included)
- Internet access with Chrome™ browser
- Google Apps™ for Schools or Microsoft Office®
- Access to YouTube™, Tinkercad™, SketchUp, and STEM Fuse Educate
This is a 12-month subscription, starting July through June 30th of the current school year. This subscription is not downloadable. Must include the following information at checkout: first and last name, school, district and email address. Login credentials will be emailed following purchase.