Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Mobile App:IT - 1-Year License
Product Number: NZ10390
This item is shipped directly from our supplier. Allow extra delivery time.
Mobile App:IT is an introductory mobile application design and programming course using Java and Android Studio. This 18-week course takes students through the history of mobile applications, current industry standards, Java programming, and then on to working with Android Studio in order to start developing real working apps.
The course starts by taking students through the history of mobile applications. Then, into learning about the current industry standards, languages and platforms used in mobile apps development with a special focus on career opportunities within the industry and the entrepreneurial potential that exists.
Students will then dive into Java programming and developing real world, working apps. Those lessons and skills are then applied toward programming for Android devices. By the end of the course students are able to successfully build mobile applications for Android devices.
- Course highlights and focuses on all aspects of STEM, including how thinking like a programmer and using the engineering design cycle solves problems, as well as how science and math concepts and skills are thoroughly integrated into mobile application development
- Can be taught as a standalone technology course, CTE course, or as a supplement to an existing programming course
- Each unit includes a teachers guide, online presentation, worksheets, quizzes, answer keys, and step-by-step instructions
- Entirely web-based course allows you to project materials, print and hand them out, or email them to your students
- Course material available as both static PDFs for printing or fillable PDFs that allow students to complete assignments on their computers and save to a disk
- Understand what a mobile application is
- Learn how mobile applications came to be and where they are headed in the future
- Learn about the various mobile platforms
- Learn how to prepare and work towards a career in mobile applications
- Understand how to think like a programmer
- Learn what a programming language is
- Learn why Android™ uses Java® and what Java® actually is
- Learn what tools are needed for Java® programming
- Learn the basics of Java® programming
- Learn how to build and run a Java® application
- Learn Android™ basics
- Learn how to build an Android™ application
- Test and debug Android™ applications
- Build various building block applications
- Build a Notepad application
- Build a DroidMaze application
- Windows® and Macintosh® compatible
- Course uses Android Studio (free download), Browxy (no download required), any currently supported browser, any text editor, and either VLC media player or Windows® Media Player
- No android devices required (Android Studio allows students to preview their apps via an emulator)
This is a 12-month subscription, starting July through June 30th of the current school year. This subscription is not downloadable. Must include the following information at checkout: first and last name, school, district and email address. Login credentials will be emailed following purchase.