Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Nasco Frank Lloyd Wright Architectural Design Classroom Kit
Product Number: 9742760
Grades K–5 Introduce students to the work and influence of Frank Lloyd Wright through constructing crafty house projects. With the included lesson plan and enough supplies for a class of 24 students, demonstrate how they can build two-story houses that showcase lines, shapes, and textures.
Before they build their houses in class, discuss the life and work of Frank Lloyd Wright and show examples of his architectural designs. After introducing Frank Lloyd Wright and his work, show an example of a house project they will create for extra inspiration and to better understand the basic design of a house. Review and discuss the elements of texture and its qualities that will make their houses more advanced in their design.
After they complete this project, students will be able to say:
- I can identify the work of Frank Lloyd Wright.
- I can understand architectural shapes.
- I can use paper to create shapes to design a house.
- Frank Lloyd Wright Architectural Design Lesson Plan, Vol. 44
- 1 pack of brown paper bags (25 total)
- 24 hardwood rulers
- 3 sets of textured rubbing plates (12 total)
- 5 packs of PRISMACOLOR® Fine-Line Markers (25 total)
- 2 sets of Squishgrip® Blunt Tip Scissors (24 total)
- 3 paper crimpers (wave pattern)
- 24 bottles of Nasco Washable School Glue (8 oz.)
- Nasco Crayons 16-Color Classroom Set (800 total)
- Assorted 9 in. x 12 in. construction paper (50 sheets)
- Assorted 12 in. x 18 in. construction paper (50 sheets)