Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Matatalab Screenless Robot Hands-on Coding Set Plus Add-ons
Product Number: EL16832
In Stock (Ships within 1-2 business days)
Matatalab Coding Set is a block-based, tangible programming tool that allows students to move a robot through an environment by way of a Bluetooth®-enabled command tower and board. Perfect for introducing coding and robotics in early STEM/STEAM programs, the screenless, words-free robot allows students to learn and play in tactile ways without the need of a table screen or an app. Students are introduced to basic coding concepts such as sequencing, conditionals, and debugging while feeling like they are simply playing a maze game adventure.
- Chunky, easy-to-grip coding blocks feature intuitive graphical symbols on them that make it easy for students to understand and grasp their meaning, as well as learn about and use representational data
- Students place coding blocks on the control board to tell the robot how to move through an environment on a map
- Command tower reads the code of the blocks through image recognition
- Command tower then sends the code to the robot through a Bluetooth® connection (16 in. to 19 in. range)
Through hands-on play with the Matatalab Coding Set, students also develop problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, creativity, and collaboration skills. Set includes 2 add-ons that take Matatalab to the next level.
- Musician Add-on - Students learn notes and beats through programming. With free combination, students can compose their favorite music, or even create their own.
- Artist Add-on - Encourages students to draw beautiful graphics and pictures through programming. As students progress towards the more advanced stages of coding, their mathematical theories of geometry also improve.
- Grades PreK-4
- MatataBot/command tower USB Type-C input: DC5V/2A MAX
- Requires 1 500mAh Li-ion battery for MatataBot and 1 2000mAh Li-ion battery for command tower
Complete set includes robot car, command tower, control board, 37 coding blocks, 32 music blocks, 10 melody blocks, 20 angle blocks, 8 obstacles, 3 flags, 3 challenge booklets, nature map, 3 music warm-up cards (6 samples), 3 washable color pens, and 3 artist warm-up cards (6 samples).