Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Matatalab Screenless Robot Hands-on Coding Set
Product Number: EL16528
Matatalab Coding Set is a block-based, tangible programming tool that allows students to move a robot through an environment by way of a Bluetooth®-enabled command tower and board. Perfect for introducing coding and robotics in early STEM/STEAM programs, the screenless, words-free robot allows students to learn and play in tactile ways without the need of a table screen or an app. Students are introduced to basic coding concepts such as sequencing, conditionals, and debugging while feeling like they are simply playing a maze game adventure.
- Chunky, easy-to-grip coding blocks feature intuitive graphical symbols on them that make it easy for students to understand and grasp their meaning, as well as learn about and use representational data
- Students place coding blocks on the control board to tell the robot how to move through an environment on a map
- Command tower reads the code of the blocks through image recognition
- Command tower then sends the code to the robot through a Bluetooth® connection (16 in. to 19 in. range)
Through hands-on play with the Matatalab Coding Set, students also develop problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, creativity, and collaboration skills. Coding set includes robot car, command tower, control board, 37 coding blocks, 8 obstacles, 3 flags, 3 challenge booklets, and nature map.
- Grades PreK-4
- MatataBot/command tower USB Type-C input: DC5V/2A MAX
- Requires 1 500mAh Li-ion battery for MatataBot and 1 2000mAh Li-ion battery for command tower
To view video clip click on Matalab Coding Set.WARNING: Choking Hazard. Small Parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
You may also like ...