Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Matatalab Screenless Robot Classroom Set with Curriculum
Product Number: EL16879
Call to Order
Grades PreK-4. Matatalab Classroom Set consists of a curriculum that can be implemented around the Matatalab hands-on coding system. Matatalab is a block-based, tangible programming tool that allows students to move a robot through an environment by way of a Bluetooth®-enabled command tower and board. Perfect for introducing coding and robotics in early STEM/STEAM programs, the screenless, words-free robot allows students to learn and play in tactile ways without the need of a table screen or an app. Students are introduced to basic coding concepts such as sequencing, conditionals, and debugging while freeing like they are simply playing a maze game adventure.
- Chunky, easy-to-grip coding blocks feature intuitive graphical symbols on them that make it easy for students to understand and grasp their meaning, as well as learn about and use representational data
- Students place coding blocks on the control board to tell the robot how to move through an environment on a map
- Command tower reads the code of the blocks through image recognition
- Command tower then sends the code to the robot through a Bluetooth® connection (16 in.- 19 in. range)
Through hands-on play with the Matatalab Coding Set, students also develop problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, creativity, and collaboration skills. The 4 curriculum guides contain lessons that help teachers get started and lead students through coding and exploring with the Matatalab robot. Each curriculum guide includes 12 lessons, aligned standards, and reproducible worksheets. Classroom Set includes:
- Coding Set - The core of the Matatalab system, this set includes the robot car, command tower, control board, 37 coding blocks, 8 obstacles, 3 flags, 3 challenge booklets, and nature map
- Musician Add-on - Students learn notes and beats through programming. With free combination, students can compose their favorite music, or even create their own. Includes 32 music blocks, 10 melody blocks, and 3 music warm-up cards (6 samples).
- Artist Add-on - Encourages students to draw beautiful graphics and pictures through programming. As students progress towards the more advanced stages of coding, their mathematical theories of geometry also improve. Includes 20 angle blocks, 3 washable color pens, and 3 artist warm-up cards (6 samples).
- Learning Station Curriculum - 66 pages
- Artist Add-on Overview and Introduction - 114 pages
- Musician Add-on Overview and Introduction - 76 pages
- Extracurricular Curriculum - 97 pages
- Grades PreK-4
- Copyright 2019
- MatataBot/command tower USB Type-C input: DC5V/2A MAX
- Requires one each of 500mAh Li-ion battery for MatataBot and 2000mAh Li-ion battery for command tower