Makey Makey® Classic STEM Pack - Classroom Invention Literacy Kit
Product Number: NZ10370
This item is shipped directly from our supplier. Allow extra delivery time.
Grades 2-12. Turn everyday objects like bananas into touch pads with the innovative Makey Makey®, which works just like a USB keyboard or mouse, but uses conductive objects to send keyboard and mouse signals to your computer. Just use an alligator clip to connect the object to the device, then touch that object to send a signal to your computer. The computer will respond to the command just like it would if you pressed your computer's keyboard or mouse. Initial setup takes seconds. No programming knowledge needed. Start out by creating game controllers, musical instruments, and countless inventions, then advance to additional inputs and multi-key remapping up to 18 keys. The possibilities are endless, making this classroom kit perfect for classrooms, schools, districts, workshop teachers, and anyone else that wants to get students inventing and engaging with STEAM in their curriculums and makerspaces.
- Use everyday items like dough, graphite pencils, liquids, fruits, office supplies, foil, pennies, and more to control your computer
- Any material that can conduct at least a tiny bit of electricity will work
- Sends keyboard signals such as WASD and space bar and mouse signals such as left click and right click to your computer
- Multiple devices may be used at one time
How does Makey Makey® Classic work?It works through opening and closing circuits, just like any other button. Instead of the circuit being closed underneath your keyboard, the circuit is closed through the conductive objects you connect with alligator clips. When the circuit is closed, the Makey Makey® device sends a command to your computer, just like a button pressed on a keyboard.
- Grades 2-12
- Includes 12 Makey Makey® Classic devices, 12 alligator clips (6 ft.), 12 connector wires (6 ft.), 63 extra alligator clips, 144 new and improved connector wires (for the back), and 12 Makey Makey®-optimized conductive 6B pencils, all in an organized briefcase
- Each of the 12 Makey Makey® Classic devices has its own box that comes out of the briefcase containing a Makey Makey®, USB cable, 7 alligator clips, and how-to booklet
- Works on Windows®, Macintosh®, Chromebook™, and on many flavors of Linux (Ubuntu, etc.)
- Device must be able to support a USB keyboard or mouse
- Works on some tablets and mobile devices, but is not officially supported
Allow extra delivery time.