Makey Makey® Classic
Product Number: EL13903
In Stock (Ships within 1-2 business days)
Grade 2 and up. Turn everyday objects like bananas into touch pads with the innovative Makey Makey® Classic, which works just like a USB keyboard or mouse, but uses conductive objects to send keyboard and mouse signals to your computer. Just use an alligator clip to connect the object to the device, then touch that object to send a signal to your computer. The computer will respond to the command just like it would if you pressed your computer's keyboard or mouse. Initial setup takes seconds. No programming knowledge needed. Start out by creating game controllers, musical instruments, and countless inventions, then advance to additional inputs and multi-key remapping up to 18 keys. The possibilities are endless, making Makey Makey® ideal for STEAM classrooms and makerspaces.
- Use everyday items like dough, graphite pencils, liquids, fruits, office supplies, foil, pennies, and more to control your computer
- Any material that can conduct at least a tiny bit of electricity will work
- Sends keyboard signals such as WASD and space bar and mouse signals such as left click and right click to your computer
- Multiple devices may be used at one time
How does Makey Makey® Classic work?
It works through opening and closing circuits, just like any other button. Instead of the circuit being closed underneath your keyboard, the circuit is closed through the conductive objects you connect with alligator clips. When the circuit is closed, the Makey Makey® device sends a command to your computer, just like a button pressed on a keyboard.
- Grade 2 and up
- Includes Makey Makey® device, USB cable, 7 alligator clips, 6 connector wires, 20 color stickers, instructions with visual project start guide, and online documentation
- Works on Windows®, Macintosh®, Chromebook™, and on many flavors of Linux (Ubuntu, etc.)
- Device must be able to support a USB keyboard or mouse
- Works on some tablets and mobile devices, but is not officially supported