Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Impressionistic Monotypes - Lesson Plan Volume 87
Throughout history, artists have experimented with a variety of printmaking/painting combinations in a quest for achieving alternative processes for creating artistic imagery. Today, this medium is recognized as monotype (ONLY one image made from the printing plate) or monoprint (additional prints made from the same plate using leftover elements that remain on the plate after printing.)
- Be introduced to a form of printmaking, rich in history, yet relatively unexplored when compared to other art making techniques.
- Incorporate additive and subtractive drawing, painting, and textural collage techniques.
- Be challenged to create images that are skillfully planned to insure success while experimenting with Akua Intaglio™ inks.
- Be introduced to new materials and expected to master a variety of monotype techniques while making original artwork, including:
- Additive Inking Techniques
- Subtractive Techniques
- Collage Techniques for Creating Textures
- Block Out Techniques
Things You'll Need
Item #: 9733337(Q)
Item #: 9733570