Human Simulation for Nursing and Health Professions
Product Number: SB50950
In Stock (Ships within 1-2 business days)
Edited by Linda Wilson, RN, PhD, and Leland Rockstraw, RN, PhD.
This comprehensive guide to establishing and managing a human simulation lab takes the reader step by step through the process of planning, organizing, implementing, and maintaining a simulation lab. It describes the required technology, how to train standardized patients, how to implement a simulation, evaluation and analysis of the simulation experience, and how to develop a business plan. The guide details simulation in undergraduate and graduate nursing programs, physician's assistant programs, and mental health education, as well as the use of simulation with critically ill patients, and in perioperative, perianasthesia, women's health, and rehabilitation science settings.
- Offers a blueprint for developing, implementing, and managing a human simulation lab
- Details use of simulation in numerous nursing and mental health settings along with case studies
- Provides tools for evaluation and analysis of the simulation experience
- Presents undergraduate and graduate nursing simulation scenarios and pedagogical strategies
- Discusses simulation training and required technology
- Includes templates for writing cases for BSN and MSN levels
- 392 pages, 7 in. x 10 in., softcover, copyright 2011