Farmers Union Challenge Topic Guide for Grades K-5
Product Number: NZ10432
This item is shipped directly from our supplier. Allow extra delivery time.
Prepare your students for the High School AFNR pathway with this ag-based STEM guide. Farmers Union includes the collaborative and problem-solving skills found in the core STEM:IT topics and applies them to real-world topics in the fields of agriculture, food, and natural resources. All grade level topics include unplugged challenges and technology extensions. Each STEM challenge includes the STEM lesson, engineering design cycle exploration, and bonus hands-on activities.
Grades K-2 Topics:
- Students learn about making a difference in their community through cooperative action
- Explore how food is a need of all living things and where our food comes from
- Get introduced to natural resources and the practices of reducing waste, reusing materials, and recycling
- Discover why pollinators are important and how we depend on them for our food
Grades 3-5 Topics:
- Learn about food production in the U.S. and the journey our foods take from farm to table
- Dive into how humans use water, how it cycles in the hydrosphere, and what's being done to conserve it
- Discover how farming is done in different regions and cultures around the world to produce food and make a profit