Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Energy Conversion: Optical to Thermal - Lesson Plan Volume 18
- Learn different forms of energy (optical, thermal, mechanical, electrical).
- Learn that energy may be converted from one form to another.
- Study the energy conservation law.
- Understand there may be losses converting energy from one form to other forms.
- Build a solar cooker based on the Solar Balloon Energy Kit.
- Heat one cup of water to 200 F or higher using the Solar Balloon.
- Calculate the efficiency of the Solar Balloon in converting sunlight to heat.
- Use the hot water to drive a Stirling Engine.
- Estimate the efficiency of the Stirling Engine.
- Apply critical thinking to energy conversion.
- Experience team building and real-world problem solving.
Things You'll Need
Item #: U27714