Domestic Animal Family Match
Product Number: EL16761
In Stock (Ships within 1-2 business days)
Grades PreK-5. Smooth, tactile square tiles printed on one side with beautiful, clear photgraphic images of real domestic animal adults and their young offer endless opportunities for exploring the fascinating animal kingdom. Here are just a few ways the 14 pairs of wooden tiles can be used:
- As a matching game - turn all the tiles face up and match the adult animal with its corresponding young
- As a memory game - turn all the tiles face down and try to remember where the matching animal family pairs are located
- For sorting into groups - by habitat, how their feet are different (hooves, claws, or paws), pets vs. farm animals, or size
- As part of discussions - promote discussions about where animals live, what they eat and what eats them, where students can see of visit them, the differences between the adults and their young, etc.
Chunky tiles are easy for small hands to grip, rotate, and turn over. Students will enjoy playing with the tiles while developing descriptive language, mathematical language, and fine motor skills, as well as engaging in collaborative and imaginative play. Includes color identification guide in 7 languages.
- Beech plywood
- 28 tiles (14 pairs)
- 2-3/4 in. x 2-3/4 in. x 3/8 in.