Copasure® Goat Bolus - 4g - 12 Pack
Product Number: C36186
In Stock (Ships within 1-2 business days)
Use Copasure Goat Bolus 4g/12 Pack, a dietary supplement, to treat primary and secondary copper deficiencies. Inadequate copper levels may be due to insufficient copper in the diet (primary copper deficiency) or the adverse effects molybdenum, iron, and sulphur upon copper absorption (secondary copper deficiency).
Signs of copper deficiency in goats can include a rough coat that is brittle around the tail, weight loss, lameness, anemia, scouring, bone fractures, poor reproductive health, and even death.
How it works
- Slow-release, hard gelatin capsule is inserted using a balling gun or similar (sold separately)
- Copper oxide needles are released from the capsule and lodge in the folds of the goat's stomach lining
- Stores copper build up in the liver as the rods disintegrate at a steady and consistent rate
- Copper reserves that have built up in the liver are released gradually for approximately 6 months, depending on species and conditions, which is 6 times longer than copper injections
- Producers report that an adequate copper status in goats may create a hostile environment for Barber Pole worms (Haemonchus contortus)
- Independently proven to be an effective way of supplementing copper, even in the presence of dietary antagonists, including molybdenum
- Easy to use - no injections, no abscesses, and no pain or stress to the animal
- Optimum, known amount of copper is delivered to each goat and controlled
- Good copper reserves in the mother at birthing, and in her milk, will ensure that her kids have sufficient copper reserves
- For ruminating kid goats over 25 lbs.