Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Cloud9World™ Middle School Online SEL Curriculum - 1-Year Middle School License, 101+ Sites
Product Number: NE40058
Call to Order
Middle school students take a different approach to social-emotional learning. The Middle School Core approaches social-emotional skills through a decision-making lens. Students investigate 30 character strengths to determine what each is and isn’t and then weigh the advantages/disadvantages of adopting the strength and corresponding behaviors. Digital books also include a variety of school and work- based scenarios in which the character strength can be applied. Students are encouraged to work together in small groups to complete the scenario through responsible decision-making. Lesson plans support increased rigor with a menu of student activities that include problem-solving, research, and decision-making. Throughout the lesson, students have an opportunity to practice creating positive relationships with their peers.
How it works:
- Students will learn to build social-emotional skills through personal decision-making by incorporating non-fiction text with school- and work-based scenario challenges
- These challenges are designed to support teens in shifting paradigms and adopting personal character strengths
- Interactive activities provide teachers with plenty of options to engage students in whole group, small group, or individual learning
- Aligned to common middle school literacy standards in reading, writing, speaking, listening, and research, activities also merge the application of character strengths and ethics with college and career preparation
- Digital books, interactive games, posters, and printable activity sheets are included in this robust program
- Priced per site
30 emotional characteristics include:
- Integrity, acceptance, cooperation, compassion, honesty, kindness, patience, humbleness, gentleness, self-control, creativity, responsibility, humor, unity, love, courage, generosity, gratitude, perseverance, determination, confidence, tolerance, commitment, wisdom, and individuality
Also includes a suite of mental health awareness resources in 11 of the most common areas of concern: anxiety disorders, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, bipolar disorder, body dysmorphic disorder, depression, eating disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), substance use and co-occurring mental disorders, suicide prevention, and traumatic events. Resources include videos, study guides, lesson plans, assessments, posters and a parent piece.
This is a 12-month subscription and is not downloadable. Must include the following information at checkout: first and last name, school, district and email address. Login credentials will be emailed following purchase.
Get a free demo by calling 1.800.558.9595, ext. 5614.