Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Cloud9World™ Middle School Online SEL Curriculum - 1-Year Middle School License, 101+ Sites
Product Number: NE40058
This item is shipped directly from our supplier. Allow extra delivery time.
Middle school students take a different approach to social-emotional learning. The Middle School Core approaches social-emotional skills through a decision-making lens. Students investigate 30 character strengths to determine what each is and isnt and then weigh the advantages/disadvantages of adopting the strength and corresponding behaviors. Digital books also include a variety of school and work- based scenarios in which the character strength can be applied. Students are encouraged to work together in small groups to complete the scenario through responsible decision-making. Lesson plans support increased rigor with a menu of student activities that include problem-solving, research, and decision-making. Throughout the lesson, students have an opportunity to practice creating positive relationships with their peers.
How it works:
- Students will learn to build social-emotional skills through personal decision-making by incorporating non-fiction text with school- and work-based scenario challenges
- These challenges are designed to support teens in shifting paradigms and adopting personal character strengths
- Interactive activities provide teachers with plenty of options to engage students in whole group, small group, or individual learning
- Aligned to common middle school literacy standards in reading, writing, speaking, listening, and research, activities also merge the application of character strengths and ethics with college and career preparation
- Digital books, interactive games, posters, and printable activity sheets are included in this robust program
- Priced per site
Emotional Characteristics - Choose 10 from the following options:
- Integrity, acceptance, cooperation, compassion, honesty, kindness, patience, humbleness, gentleness, self-control, creativity, responsibility, humor, unity, love, courage, generosity, gratitude, perseverance, determination, confidence, tolerance, commitment, wisdom, and individuality
Also includes a suite of mental health awareness resources in 11 of the most common areas of concern: anxiety disorders, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, bipolar disorder, body dysmorphic disorder, depression, eating disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), substance use and co-occurring mental disorders, suicide prevention, and traumatic events. Resources include videos, study guides, lesson plans, assessments, posters and a parent piece.
Mental Health Awareness
The goal of the Mental Health Awareness Suite is to provide teachers with tools to build mental health awareness among students in a variety of areas and provide students with concrete strategies to approach these serious challenges. All resources and materials are designed for flexible use throughout the school day and are completely open and accessible by teachers, parents, and students at their points of need as well as for scheduled classroom implementation.
Students in grades 6-8 explore mental health topics in 12 different areas, 4 per grade level. In addition, they are provided with specific lessons related to substance use/abuse prevention, internet safety, child trafficking & sexual assault, and character strength development (Cloud9World Middle School Program).
The 12 common mental health areas explore a variety of disorders and include the following information:
- Introduction to the Mental Health Area
- Possible Causes
- Signs and Symptoms
- Tips for Managing Symptoms
- How to Help Someone Showing Symptoms
- Resources for More Help
Middle school students engage in each lesson with a combination of video, video transcript, and a study guide. Teachers are provided with a simple lesson plan for each lesson to introduce and extend learning to provide students with 1-3 hours of instruction/lesson based on activities chosen. A poster is included with Managing Tips as well as a digital and printable quiz to measure understanding. While lessons are not scripted, teachers are provided with a sample lesson plan for maximum success.
This is a 12-month subscription and is not downloadable. Must include the following information at checkout: first and last name, school, district and email address. Login credentials will be emailed following purchase.
Get a free demo by calling 1.800.558.9595, ext. 5614.