Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Cloud9World™ High School SEL Curriculum 1-Year License, 101+ Sites
Product Number: NE40094
This item is shipped directly from our supplier. Allow extra delivery time.
As the final part of a full K12 SEL program, the high school module supports teens as they begin to make their transition toward careers, personal relationships, and the rest of their lives. Using student voice and choice, the program focuses on the over-arching character strengths that will help them navigate the tough moments.
As they think about integrity, inclusion, justice, solidarity, fairness, and more, students will problem solve, role-play and work within their school and larger community to learn and practice these core strengths.
How it works:
- Program includes videos, games, morning announcements, an online magazine, curriculum, assessments, strategies for emotion management, academic activities, and more
- Literacy-based approach makes this a cross-curricular benefit to teachers and schools
- Support materials, curriculum, and connections to multiple subject areas supply teachers with interactive classroom activities aligned with standards in reading, writing, speaking, listening, and research
- Multiple assessments help teachers stay on top of where the classroom and individual students are in their SEL journey
- Digital and printable tools for completely customizable, school-wide implementation and allows parents to get involved, too
- Aligned with CASELs core competencies
- Priced per site
Emotional characteristics include:
- Hope, fairness, equity, optimism, diversity, service, solidarity, inclusion, justice, leadership, resilience, curiosity, innovation, mindfulness, empathy, initiative, ethics, encouragement, and communication
- Introduction to the Mental Health Area
- Possible Causes
- Signs and Symptoms
- Tips for Managing Symptoms
- How to Help Someone Showing Symptoms
- Resources for More Help
Also includes a suite of mental health awareness resources in 11 of the most common areas of concern: anxiety disorders, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, bipolar disorder, body dysmorphic disorder, depression, eating disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), substance use and co-occurring mental disorders, suicide prevention, and traumatic events. Resources include videos, study guides, lesson plans, assessments, posters and a parent piece.
Mental Health Awareness
The goal of the Mental Health Awareness Suite is to provide teachers with tools to build mental health awareness among students in a variety of areas and provide students with concrete strategies to approach these serious challenges. All resources and materials are designed for flexible use throughout the school day and are completely open and accessible by teachers, parents, and students at their points of need, as well as for scheduled classroom implementation.
Students in grades 9-11 explore mental health topics in 12 different areas, four per grade level. In addition, they are provided with specific lessons related to substance use/abuse prevention, internet safety, child trafficking and sexual assault, and character strength development (Cloud9World High School Program). The 12 common mental health areas explore a variety of disorders and include the following information:
High school students engage in each lesson with a combination of video, video transcript, and a study guide. Though provided with the same 12 areas of mental health as in middle school, the high school version is more detailed and includes its own videos. Teachers are provided with a simple lesson plan for each lesson to introduce and extend learning to provide students with 1-3 hours of instruction/lesson based on activities chosen. A poster is included with managing mips as well as a digital and printable quiz to measure understanding. While lessons are not scripted, teachers are provided with a sample lesson plan for maximum success.
This is a 12-month subscription and is not downloadable. Must include the following information at checkout: first and last name, school, district, and email address. Login credentials will be emailed following purchase.
Get a free demo by calling 1.800.558.9595, ext. 5614