ChemQuest® AP® Chemistry Lab #10 - How Long Will That Marble Statue Last?
Product Number: SB52627
In Stock (Ships within 1-2 business days)
Allow students to get the most out of their AP® Chemistry class with this college-level lab designed to challenge the more advanced student. Students will explore key concepts while preparing for higher education. Activity contains enough materials for 15 lab groups as well as a teacher’s guide and student study guide copy-masters.
Students will observe and measure the evolution of carbon dioxide gas from the decomposition of calcium carbonate when mixed with an acid, then create experiments to determine the rate of reaction with different concentrations of hydrochloric acid. Meets Big Idea 4, Investigation 10, and Primary Learning Objective 4.1.
- 200 g marble chips
- 500 ml hydrochloric acid, 1.0M
- 2 x 500 ml hydrochloric acid, 3.0M
- 500 ml hydrochloric acid, 6.0M
- 15 pieces of silicon tubing
- 15 dispensers, 10 ml
Materials needed but not supplied:
- Balance, 0.001 g precision
- Distilled water
- Timer or stopwatch
- Erlenmeyer flasks
- One-hole rubber stoppers, #2
- 3-4 cm glass tubing
- 25 ml graduated cylinders
- Laboratory stands
- Burette clamps or 3-prong clamps