Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
BBC micro:bit Handheld Computer Starter Kit
Product Number: SB53378
In Stock (Ships within 1-2 business days)
Grades 2 and up. BBC micro:bit is a powerful handheld, fully programmable computer designed by the BBC and a number of partners to encourage students to get actively involved in writing software and building new things that will be controlled by it, making this an innovative addition to your STEM/STEAM or coding program. The Starter Kit contains everything needed to connect BBC micro:bit to a computer and enables it to remain powered once disconnected from the computer. Students write code using one of the easy-to-use editors on microbit.org, connect their BBC micro:bit board to a computer via USB, then press the compile button in the editor and drop the downloaded file directly onto their micro:bit. Bluetooth® Low Energy connectivity allows the BBC micro:bit to wirelessly connect to mobile phones and tablets, take a selfie, or drive the music in a playlist. Based around a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0 processor, BBC micro:bit is 18 times faster and 70 times smaller than the BBC Mirco of the 1980s.
- Onboard accelerometer and compass sensors
- Bluetooth® Low Energy and USB connectivity
- Display consisting of 25 LEDs
- 2 programmable, user-assignable buttons
- Device input and outputs are through 5 ring connectors that are part of the 21-pin edge connector
- Powered by either USB or external battery pack (external battery pack not included)
- App available for Android™ devices
- Comes in 1 of 4 color schemes (no color choice)
- Kit includes BBC micro:bit, 39-3/8 in. L (1 meter) anti-tangle USB cable, battery cage, and 2
Requires computer with Interner access.
- Grades 2 and up
- 2 in. L x 1-5/8 in. W x 1/2 in. H (52 x 42 x 11.7 mm)
- Requires 2
AAAbatteries (included) when disconnected from computer
You may also like ...