Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Art Class Curator™ High School Online Curriculum Perspectives 1-Year Teacher License
Product Number: NA10510
This item is shipped directly from our supplier. Allow extra delivery time.
Grades 9–12 Transformative learning requires transformational thinking. You will find both in the new High School Art Class Curator™ online curriculum.
This standards-aligned program connects students to works of art, their communities, their world and themselves in new and exciting ways.
The lessons and activities develop cross-curricular connections and boost critical thinking, observation, and visual literacy skills, while exploring a greater understanding of bigger topics such as diversity and emotional development. They also integrate with language arts, social studies, history and other core subjects.
How it works:
- This 1-year curriculum focuses on how art connects us to ourselves and humanity at large through authentic and engaging experiences
- Lessons revolve around the following themes: Why Art Matters, Sketchbooks, What Artists See, Human Experience, Identity, Community, Natural World, Cultures, Communication and Power of Voice
- Via important artworks, students will experience art history, art appreciation, and art making
- Course gives teachers the flexibility to structure a choice-based classroom or a more traditional learning environment
- Each unit consists of a three-part lesson sequence: Engage where they learn about the anchor artwork, Create where they make their own artwork, and Reflect where they deepen their understanding of the art and themselves
- Also includes lesson plan, PowerPoint®, anchor artwork, class discussion guide, multiple learning activities, artwork-inspired project and reflection activity
- Elementary World Mosaic course also available (Nasco part number NA10509)
This is a 1-year subscription for one teacher. Materials can only be downloaded and used during the 1-year duration of the license. The license must be renewed to use the materials for more than a year. Must include the following information at checkout: first and last name, school, district, and email address. Login credentials will be emailed following purchase.
Technical Requirements to Access: Any device with an updated browser and internet connection can access. While access can be made with Internet Explorer, we strongly recommend using other browsers (Chrome/Edge/Firefox/Safari) with the suggested browser being Chrome for a better user experience.