Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Applied Robotics Education Cue™ Coding Robot Starter Pack and Curriculum
Product Number: Z52036
No longer avaliable
This item has been discontinued
Grades 6-8 Cue™ coding robot Starter Pack and Curriculum is designed to introduce STEAM concepts such as coding and robotics to your classroom. Cue™ coding robot helps students transition from block-based coding to state-machine and text-based programming. With a growing library of in-app demos, tutorial, and challenges, Cue™ supports students' self-guided exploration of programming languages, robotic capabilities, and personally meaningful projects. Cue™ motors and sensors work together seamlessly to provide accurate and versatile behavior while reacting in real time to its surroundings, inspiring students to build problem-solving skills through coding, engineering, and design. The robot is loaded with 40 challenges to keep students engaged for hours on end. Built on Microsoft's® MakeCode platform, the all-in-one app allows students to choose from 4 different avatars and explore multiple programming languages. Each avatar has an amazing depth of personality, expressions, and interactions. The Starter Pack contains sketch kit accessories and materials for programmable robot art ideas, student notebooks filled with projects from the Applied Robotics curriculum, and a foundational professional development course for middle school educators. Standards-based lessons encourage active learning through creative problem-solving tasks that have real-world application. Curriculum is designed to meet CSTA, ISTE-S, and Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and is aligned to Code.org's Computer Science Fundamentals courses and Computer Science Discovery series.
- Bluetooth®-enabled robot offers fast, easy connections to Apple® iOS, Android™, and Kindle®
- User-programmable LEDs and buttons allow students to customize their experience with Cue™
- Infrared (IR) receivers and transmitters enable Cue™ to find and interact with other robots
- Potentiometers and dual motors support head pan and tilt with accurate positioning
- 3 microphones and speakers allow real-time voice triangulation and personalized recording and playback
- 3 processors and sensor fusion manage complex interactions among actuators and sensors - accelerometer, gyroscope, and wheel encoders
- 3 proximity sensors detect obects left, right, and back
- 2 powered wheels offer quick navigation and distance tracking on nearly any surface
- Playtime: up to 3 hours
- Standby time: up to 30 days
- Charge time: under 1 hour
- Charges via micro USB
- 3 Cue™ robots
- Gripper building kit
- Sketch kit
- Sketch pack
- Marker refill kit
- 3 Applied Robotics Notebooks for Unit 1: Creative Writing
- 3 Applied Robotics Notebooks for Unit 2: Game Design
- 3 Applied Robotics Notebooks for Unit 3: Innovation
- Cue™ Applied Robotics Curriculum Guide
- Grades 6-8
- 6-11/16 in. L x 7-3/16 in. W x 6-3/8 in. H
- For up to 9 students
- Includes built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery
- 1-year warranty
- iPad® 4 and 9.7
- iPad Air® 1, 2, 3
- iPad mini® 2, 3, 4, 5
- iPad Pro® 9.7, 10.5, 11, 12.9
- iPhone® 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, XR
- iPod touch® 6G
- Nexus™ 5, 5X, 6, 6P, 7, LG, G4, G5
- Galaxy Tab S 10.5
- Galaxy Tab A 8.0, 9.7, 10.1, 10.5
- Galaxy S4, S5, S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge Plus, S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8 Plus, S9, S9 Plus, S10e, S10, S10+
- Google Pixel™, Pixel™ XL, Pixel™ 2, Pixel™ 2 XL, Pixel™ 3, Pixel™ 3 XL
- Fire® HD 8 and HD 10
- Acer® Chromebook™ R11 (C738T), Spin 11, 15 Model N17Q5
- Dell™ Chromebook™ 13 and 3380
- Lenovo® ThinkPad® 11e Yoga
- Samsung® Chromebook™ Plus
- Acer® Travelmate® B117 and Spin B1
- Dell™ Latitude™ 13 3000 Series 2-in-1, Latitude™ 3180 Education, Inspiron™ 3521, Inspiron™ 3567, Latitude™ E7240
System Requirements for Apple® iOS 10+.
System Requirements for Android™ Version 5.0+.
System Requirements for Kindle® Version 5.1.2+.
System Requirements for Chrome OS™ 66+.
Windows® 10 version 1709+.
Allow extra delivery time.WARNING: Choking Hazard. Small Parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.