AP® Chemistry Labs - Lab #14 - Acid-Base Titration: Effect of Concentration and Structure on pH
Product Number: Z51322
This item is shipped directly from our supplier. Allow extra delivery time.
Grades 10 and up. Allow students to get the most out of their AP® Chemistry class with this college-level lab designed to challenge the more-advanced student. Students will explore key concepts while preparing for higher education. Contains enough materials for 15 lab groups as well as a teachers guide and student study guide copy-masters. Find the pH of a solution with pH paper, create a procedure to collect quantitative titration data using a buret and pH meter, then determine the concentration of each unknown. Meets Big Idea 6, Investigation 14, and Primary Learning Objective 6.13.
- 4 x 500 ml hydrochloric acid, 0.2M
- 4 x 500 ml sulfuric acid, 0.1M
- 2 x 1 L nitric acid, 0.05M
- 4 x 500 ml calcium hydroxide, 0.1M
- 4 x 500 ml ammonium hydroxide, 0.2M
- 4 x 500 ml acetic acid, 0.1N
- 4 x 500 ml sodium hydroxide, 0.1N
Materials needed but not supplied:
- 50 ml, 150 ml, and 250 ml beakers
- 50 ml buret
- Stir bar
- 10 ml and 100 ml graduated cylinders
- pH meter and pH test paper
- 16 x 150 mm test tubes with test tube rack
- Support stand and buret clamp
- Distilled and deionized water
- Wash bottle
Allow extra delivery time.