A Baker's Dozen Lab: Whole Grain Baking - Lesson Plan Volume 16
- Preset oven racks, use electronic scales, use baking measurement tools, and preheat ovens for baking.
- Apply principles of food safety, mise en place (French for
everything in place) and preparation skills to bake a whole grain breakfast bar.
- Create a product food label including name, ingredient list, net weight, and whole grain weight per serving.
- Calculate ABC Breakfast Bar's cost per serving, compare nutrient facts and costs to similar commercial products.
- Conduct a consumer tasting survey as part of promoting
healthy food startswith a school group.