Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
A Baker's Dozen Lab: Baking for Special Needs - Lesson Plan Volume 60
- Prepare a specialty baked food to meet a special food need that is whole grain and nutrient-rich.
- Learn the specifications needed to prepare a whole grain breakfast bar that will meet FDA food label specifications for low- or reduced-sodium, gluten-free, egg-free, or lactose-free diets.
- Analyze the acceptability of the product with a student or adult consumer taste group.
- Demonstrate problem-solving abilities by providing an alternative method or ingredient to improve the product if needed.
- Assist consumers in controlling specialty food costs by developing food preparation skills.