Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Nasco Wax On Recycled Caps Classroom Kit
Product Number: 9742815
Grades 3–6 Introduce students to an earth-friendly way to make art in the classroom. This kit includes a lesson plan and enough supplies for a class of 24 students to create art projects with recycled bottle caps and splashes of color using melted crayon wax. These projects are meant to leave less trash in the landfills.
Before students start their projects, begin a school-wide plastic bottle cap collection from various plastic bottles. Show examples of caps that students should start collecting to bring into class. It's important to discuss the reasons why plastic bottle caps do not get recycled and the negative environmental impact of having the caps in landfills.
After completing this project, students will be able to say:
- I can learn about recycling.
- I can participate in a recycling drive to collect plastic bottle caps.
- I can think about how littering impacts the earth and encourage good choices.
- I can understand the principles of design.
- Wax on Recycled Caps Lesson Plan, Vol. 60
- 1 package of Grafix® Chipboard (24 total)
- 8 bottles of Nasco Acrylic Paint
- 6 packages of Royal Brush® Big Kid's Choice™ Chubby
- 3 waxmelter palettes (30 cups total)
- 2 packs of squeeze pens (20 total)
- 1 box of Crayola® Standard Wax Crayons (24 total)