Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Nasco Drypoint Etching Classroom Kit
Product Number: 9742778
Grades 6–12 Encourage students to explore their personal memories through art. This kit includes a lesson plan and enough supplies for a class of 24 students to create a series of plexiglass drypoint prints that showcase their memories using both objects and places as inspiration.
Each student will create an interesting composition with a clear and well-positioned focal point and a background that adds to the finished project. To complete the project, they will use a variety of mark-making techniques like hatching, cross-hatching, scumbling, and more. They'll be able to use drypoint print making processes to create a diverse set of finished prints.
After completing this project, students will be able to say:
- I can use memories and personal experiences as subjects for my art.
- I can explore a variety of printmaking materials.
- I can analyze how art expresses life.
- Memory Project Lesson Plan, Vol. 120
- 8 sets of 9 in. x 12 in. etch plates (24 total)
- 24 Twisted Etching Tools
- 1 ream of 9 in. x 12 in. white drawing paper (500 sheets)
- Plastic tote tray
- Watercolor paper (50 sheets)
- 1 container of Speedball® Akua Intaglio™ Ink (8 oz.)
- Cotton swabs (100 total)