Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
3-D Georgia O'Keeffe Flower Pins - Lesson Plan Volume 53
Teachers will provide examples of seed catalogs, flower books, and materials on Georgia O'Keeffe. A narrative talk about her life, style of art, and reproductions will take place before the hands-on activity, as well as questions about why people thought she painted flowers on such a large scale. Students will sketch a small thumbnail image of the flower they will reproduce for their pins. They will then make their flowers out of Sculpey® Clay.
- Technically be able to manipulate Sculpey® Clay and use their fine motor skills.
- Create a three-dimensional pin in the style of O'Keeffe by choosing their own flower and reproducing its characteristics.
- Become aware of features unique to individual flowers.
- View and discuss Georgia O'Keeffe's flower paintings.
- Understand how art, art history, and science can be integrated.
Things You'll Need