Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
2-D O'Keeffe Flower and 3-D Sculpey® Insect - Lesson Plan Volume 30
- Recreate the O'Keeffe style flower, then construct an insect out of Sculpey® clay (the attachment of the insect to the flower will give it a 3-D effect).
- Become aware of features unique to individual flowers.
- View and discuss Georgia O'Keeffe flower paintings.
- Point out and name flower details and features by examining live, artificial, and photographed flowers.
- Understand the term
- Create an enlarged flower with overlapping parts, which break the borders.
- Utilize a variety of resources.
- Learn various drawing skills.
- Develop a rounded insect form consisting of a head, thorax, abdomen, six legs, a pair of antennae, and wings.
- Understand the difference between 2-D and 3-D art forms.
- Manipulate the Sculpey® clay and use joining methods to create a 3-D insect.
- Embellish the insect using dots and line textures.
- See and appreciate the beauty that surrounds them in nature and understand that the arts promote this.
Things You'll Need