Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
1.800.431.4310 eNasco.com Email: [email protected]
COPYRIGHT © NASCO 2018 PRINTED IN U.S.A.
When starting a moulage, first use an alcohol wipe to clean person or manikin.
Note: Makeup may stain manikin or person modeling. Check manufacturer’s recommendations prior to using alcohol wipes or makeup on manikins.
• Alcohol pads
• Large ostomy
• Manikin or person
Place ostomy in desired location so you get an idea how big the wound area will be. Remove the wound. Using the foam wedge and clotted red grease paint makeup, place makeup around and slightly under the edges where the wound will be placed. If desired, for greater adhesion, brush spirit gum on wound location and back of wound. Let spirit gum dry until it feels sticky before final placement of wound.
• Clotted red makeup
• Foam wedge
• Spirit gum (if needed)
Apply wound to desired area and hold in place until wound and spirit gum begin to set.
• Ostomy wound
Use the modeling wax around the wound’s edges to add realism between the skin and moulage. Smooth out modeling wax around area of the wound to creat a seamless appearance.
• Modeling wax
• Craft stick
Now you can begin adding the maroon grease makeup. Use foam wedges to even out coloration. Small amounts of clotted red can also be added.
• Injury wheel makeup - maroon
• Clotted red makeup
• Foam wedges
Using a craft stick or paintbrush, add glycerin to the wound for a shiny, wet look that adds realism.
Note: The steps given are only a suggestion - have fun and experiment!
• Paintbrush or craft stick
• The ostomy can be reused if properly placed into plastic wrap or a resealable bag.
• The ostomy can be cleaned with soap and water and air dried.
• Some dirt and makeup will be removed, but some makeup will remain.
• The materials used in creating lifelike wounds are very delicate. Each wound is hand painted with care. Colors and shapes may vary slightly.
• Nasco reserves the right to change product color, materials, supplies, or function as needed.