LF03749U – Dark
LF03750U – Light
ABOUT THE SIMULATOR
The first and only CPR manikin to offer the realistic size and appearance of an older, heavier cardiac victim – the kind rescue personnel are most likely to encounter in the field.
Accurate anatomical landmarks and ease of use will make the Bariatric CPR Manikin a valuable addition to your training program. Sanitary features include individual face inserts, disposable airway system, and a non-rebreathing valve. For added convenience and economy, all internal parts (including the airway system) are fully compatible with the Simulaids Brad™ CPR Manikin.
LIST OF COMPONENTS
- One Assembled Manikin
- *Two Additional Exhaust Manifold Caps
- Two Additional Face Inserts (LF03752U, White) (LF03748U, Black)
- *Carry Bag
- Two Additional Lung/Airway Systems (LF03751U)
- Product Instruction Card
- *Two Additional Connectors
- 5-Year Warranty Card
*Note: Components listed without numbers may be available for special order. Additional parts, supplies, products, and information are located at the end of this manual.
FIGURE 1 (right side) - Connector
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Removing the Airway
- Remove the face insert and connector from the face cavity. (See figure 1.)
- With the manikin face up, pull the overlay skin from the shoulders and fold down.
- Lift off the sternum plate, foam sternum insert, and foam insert to expose the lung/airway system.
- Tilt the head back to expose the airway valve and manifold cap. (See figure 2.)
- Pull out the airway valve from underneath the chin.
- Remove and discard the lung/airway system and airway valve.
FIGURE 2 (left side); FIGURE 3 (right side)
INSTALLING THE AIRWAY
- Locate a new lung/airway system.
- Press the red exhaust manifold cap onto the open port of the airway valve.
- Tilt the head back and insert the airway valve stem through the hole in the face from underneath.
Note: Ensure the red exhaust manifold cap is positioned toward the top and the airway valve is below it. (See figure 2.)
- Position the connector on top of the face and press into the valve stem with a twisting motion.
- Recheck the airway system to ensure proper positioning of the airway valve stem and red exhaust manifold. (See figure 2.)
- Arrange the lung over the chest so that it lays flat.
- Replace the foam insert, foam sternum insert, and sternum plate. (See figure 3.)
- Roll the overlay skin back up and fit over the shoulders.
INSTALLING THE AIRWAY
CLEANING AND DISINFECTING
- All vinyl parts (overlay skin, body, and head) may be washed with water and a mild detergent. Do not attempt to wash foam pads.
- Nasco recommends disposing of the face inserts after each training session. Face inserts may be reused after a thorough cleaning if desired. Follow current disinfecting procedures as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control.
- Do not place manikin on any printed surface, printed plastic, ballpoint pen, or newsprint. These inks will transfer an indelible stain.
LF03751U – Lung/Airway Systems, Pkg. of 24.
LF03752U – Mouth/Nose Pieces, White, Pkg. of 10
LF03748U – Mouth/Nose Pieces, Black, Pkg. of 10
LF03776U – Sternum Plate
LF03777U – Foam Sternum Insert
Actual product may vary slightly from photo. Nasco reserves the right to change product color, materials, supplies, or function as needed.