LF03749U & LF03750U Instruction Card
1.800.431.4310 nascohealthcare.com Email: [email protected]
COPYRIGHT © NASCO 2012 PRINTED IN U.S.A. NP 054-02/RV 5-15
Life/form® Bariatric CPR Manikin - The first and only CPR manikin to offer the realistic size and appearance of an older, heavier cardiac victim — the kind rescue personnel are most likely to encounter in the field!
Accurate anatomical landmarks and ease of use will make the Bariatric CPR Manikin a valuable addition to your training program. Sanitary features include individual face inserts, disposable airway system, and a non-rebreathing valve. For added convenience and economy, all internal parts (including the airway system) are fully compatible with the Simulaids Brad™ CPR Manikin.
List of Components
- One Assembled Manikin
- Two Additional Face Inserts (LF03752U, Light)(LF03748U, Dark)
- Two Additional Lung/Airway Systems (LF03751U)
- *Two Additional Connectors
- *Two Additional Exhaust Manifold Caps
- *Carry Bag
- Product Instruction Card
- 5-Year Warranty Card
*Note: Components listed without numbers may be available for special order. Additional parts, supplies, products, and information are located at the end of this manual.
Removing the Airway
- Remove the face insert and connector from the face cavity. (See figure 1.)
- With the manikin face up, pull the overlay skin from the shoulders and fold down.
- Lift off the sternum plate, foam sternum insert, and foam insert to expose the lung/airway system.
- Tilt the head back to expose the airway valve and manifold cap. (See figure 2.)
- Pull out the airway valve from underneath the chin.
- Remove and discard the lung/airway system and airway valve.
A - Face Insert; B - Connector
Installing the Airway
- Locate a new lung/airway system.
- Press the red exhaust manifold cap onto the open port of the airway valve.
- Tilt the head back and insert the airway valve stem through the hole in the face from underneath. Note: Ensure the red exhaust manifold cap is positioned toward the top and the airway valve is below it. (See figure 2.)
- Position the connector on top of the face and press into the valve stem with a twisting motion. (See figure 3.)
- Recheck the airway system to ensure proper positioning of the airway valve stem and red exhaust manifold. (See figure 2.)
- Arrange the lung over the chest so that it lies flat.
- Replace the foam insert, foam sternum insert, and sternum plate.
- Roll the overlay skin back up and fit over the shoulders.
Installing the Airway
A - Face Insert; B - Connector; C - Sternum Plate; D - Foam Sternum Insert; E - Foam Insert; F - Exhaust Manifold Cap; G - Airway Valve; H - Lung
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- All vinyl parts (overlay skin, body, and head) may be washed with water and a mild detergent. Do not attempt to wash foam pads.
- Nasco recommends disposing of the face inserts after each training session. Face inserts may be reused after a thorough cleaning if desired. Follow current disinfecting procedures as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control.
- Do not place manikin on any printed surface, printed plastic, ball-point pen, or newsprint. These inks will transfer an indelible stain.
LF03751U Lung/Airway Systems, Pkg. of 24
LF03752U Mouth/Nose Pieces, White, Pkg. of 10
LF03748U Mouth/Nose Pieces, Black, Pkg. of 10
LF03776U Sternum Plate
LF03777U Foam Sternum Insert
Actual product may vary slightly from photo. Nasco reserves the right to change product color, materials, or function as needed.