LIST OF COMPONENTS
- Replacement Skin
- Replacement Vein Section
- Lubricating Powder
- Liquid Lubricant
REMOVING THE USED SKIN FROM THE ARM
- Lubricate the exterior of the skin with baby powder.
- Peel the skin off by turning it inside out. (See figure 1.)
- Remove the old tubing.
INSTALLING THE NEW TUBING
Place the new section of tubing into the channel of the arm core. (See figure 2.) Be certain equal portions of tubing protrude at the shoulder.
LUBRICATING THE SKIN
Pour only enough of the liquid Life/form® Lubricant provided into the arm skin to coat all the inside surfaces. (See figure 3.)
INSTALLING THE NEW SKIN
- Slide the shoulder of the skin over the hand of the core. (See figure 4.) Be certain to align the palm of the core and skin.
- Grasp the skin and slide it over the core until the fingers of the core approach the finger holes of the skin.
CAUTION: The thin Life/form® skin used to provide realism is fragile, and care must be taken not to stretch or tear the material when installing.
- Check the tubing location. If the tubing has moved from the channel, work it back into place by palpating it through the skin. (See figure 5.) If unsuccessful, peel the skin back (invert) until the tubing can be replaced properly, and then roll the skin back over the core.
- Pull the tubing ends through the hole in the side of the arm skin.
- Work the fingers into place. Draw the skin snugly into place.
SUPPLIES/REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR THE INFANT IV ARM SIMULATOR
LF00845U – Life/form® Venous Blood, 1 quart
LF00846U – Life/form® Venous Blood, 1 gallon
LF03641U – Replacement Skin/Veins
LF01099U – Vein Tubing Sealant Kit
LF01022U – Fluid Supply Stand
LF01130U – Fluid Supply Bag, 500 ml
LF09919U – Nasco Cleaner
Actual product may vary slightly from photo. Nasco reserves the right to change product color, materials, supplies, or function as needed.